Looking after your EQUIDRY...
Let’s be frank, we are in England, the wettest, muddiest place on the planet for us equine enthusiasts to live so your EQUIDRY will sadly get dirty!
Your EQUIDRY is fully machine washable up to 30 degrees but we recommend to preserve its waterproof properties that you avoid washing it too often and just give it a wipe down (or even a hose down) with a damp cloth when needs be. We all function better with a bit of mud on us so don’t be too precious, your EQUIDRY loves EQUI-living as much as you do!
We recommend washing and reproofing EQUIDRY coats with NikWax products at least 2/3 times a year.
Always run your washing machine on a hot cycle with nothing in it and check that the tray is clean. This gets rid of any detergent left from previous washes, which work against your EQUIDRY technology.
Never use biological washing powder/liquid or fabric softener/conditioner.
Please don’t dry clean or hot wash your EQUIDRY & Never tumble dry it or place on/above a direct heat source.
To get the best out of your EQUIDRY we recommend when washing it you use NikWax Tech Wash and follow their washing instructions below:
1. Run your washing machine on a hot cycle with nothing in it and check that the tray is clean. This gets rid of any detergent left from previous washes, which work against your garment's waterproofing.
2. Gently rinse off any thick dirt by hand, or for stubborn stains apply some of the Tech Wash directly onto the garment with a sponge before washing.
3. Fasten all zips and velcro and place in the machine.
4. Shake bottle, measure out the amount specified on the label, and pour into the washing machine drawer.
5. Wash on a full cycle at 30°C/86°F or according to care label instructions.
To maintain your EQUIDRYS waterproof outer we recommend using Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-in and following their instructions below:
1. Ensure garment is clean after its wash. There's no need to dry the jacket before proofing.
2. Use 100ml per garment (max 2 items)
3. Shake bottle and pour into washing machine drawer
4. Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin
5. Air dry